Hey everyone this week was quite a crazy one so here we are:
☆Tuesday (pday) we had to go to Arad to get my companions visa so we had pday there which was fun then we had to travel to Bucharest and we had 2 people's stuff in a tiny little room so it was little goofy and hard but good!
☆Wednesday we were in Bucharest with the whole mission and we learned all about how orthodox celebrate Easter and we got to do some fun traditions together. My new companion and I got to go with the ap's to pick up all the new missionaries coming into country. It was so cool to go with them and experience the first day in Romania from the other side. We took them around Bucharest and helped them talk to people and it was super crazy and cool to see that my Romainan started out like theirs but now I'm the one leading them around, it was a cool progression for me to see. I also got to see all my favorite mission people and then we had to get on a train and we had so much luggage and people were mad at us and the train situation was so opp-y and bad but we eventually made it to Timișoara!
☆The first few days were wacky (still are) with me and my companion trying to figure out the city, how to get around and get our feet under us. Luckily there are other missionaries here so we have been able to get some help. But because we have no friends right now we have just been finding a lot which is a lot of fun! Plus it's super warm outside so I enjoy it. We have had some pretty cool miracles already and have found so cool people to teach, we sat on a bench Sunday for an hour explaining a lot of things to a couple and it made my heart so full and so excited to share the gospel în timi
☆Easter Sunday was so fun and cute, when I told a branch member I was new to the area and there are now 4 sister missionaries here. She practically jumped into my arms she was so excited, she dragged me and told all the members (about 3 other people) that there are more missionaries here and they said they needed to thank the mission president for putting more people here and they are excited for the work here in timi, I'm excited to serve them!
☆I also got to go to midnight mass and it was so cool, got my candle lit and the city blessed by a priest for the next year, it was cool. Orthodoxy celebrates Easter a lot with a few interesting traditions I'm not the biggest fan of ......
This week was so crazy and so good, I love being a missionary and all the joy there is!
Holy week is great reminder that Jesus Christ lived and died for us. He is risen, truly He is risen. He lives and we have the amazing gift of the Book of Mormon to learn about the resurrected Christ. Remember all the Jesus did for you and how individual the atonement is for each one of us!
Love you all
Sami
Picking up the new missionaries
Ava's HXP friend Sora Bowen
The Timisoara Sisters
Our branch member from Uganda
Easter lunch with the branch. They had so much food.
Midnight Easter Mass. There were so many people!
My birthday!
The city of Timisoara
MTC girls in Bucharest
My trainer Sora Blanchard is heading home
New comp Sora Later
Leaving Cluj
Recreation of Good Friday A little tough to watch
Heading to Bucharest from Cluj
Found American treats!
Easter mass
Good Friday recreation
Where the Revolution started










































No comments:
Post a Comment